We’ve all been reduced to eating Ramen noodles a few times. Wether through laziness or being broke, it happens to us all. But that doesn’t mean you have to suffer. This recipe is for when you’ve got enough money to go to the store, but not necessarily enough to cook a full meal.
I made this batch a while ago, and thought I’d get fancy by making my own ramen seasoning. It was a mistake, just use the packets.
The best thing about making fancy ramen is that you can customize it however the hell you want. Don’t like eggs? Leave them out. My friend Lexi made a batch of this for pictures, since I only had one, and she said it turned out great. It’s super easy to make ramen however the hell you want, and takes less effort than making an actual meal.
For this one, Lexi went with beef-broccoli ramen, which actually sounds hella and I’m gonna try some myself one day soon.
Fancy Ass Ramen
- Ramen. Duh. Usually 1 pack per person, but more if you want it. Chickin flavor, or omg creamy chickin if you can find it.
- 1 rotisserie chickin, any flavor but probs not bbq.
- 1 egg per bowl of rancy ass ramen
- Garlic powder
- Corn. Oven roast that shit. Olive oil, salt, pepper, 450 oven, 10 minutes.
- Green onions (or scallions, suck it)
- Chickin broth instead of water, if u want it extra slurp-a-licious.
- Aight so first things first. Decide how u want ur eggs. I personally like a nice soft boiled egg for ramen, so that’s what I’m gonna do in this recipe.
- Get a pot of water, bring that shit to a boil.
- Pour in a splash of vinegar, so ur egg won’t go everywhere if it cracks. Use a big slotted spoon, and lower the eggs into the water with that, so ur clumsy ass don’t break ‘em.
- Boil for 7 minutes, then use ur spoon to transfer them to a bowl of ice water, but take ‘em out pretty quick. Like 2 minutes.
- Start ur water or chickin broth for ur ramen. I usually just fill up a pan and dump the excess off, but if ur a pansy u can follow the directions on the ramen package.
- If ur roasting corn, now is the time to do that too. Slice some green onions. Believe me, all of this looks more impressive than it sounds.
- When ur liquid is a-boilin’, dump in the ramen. Let it boil for 3 minutes, then pour off any excess liquid u don’t want. But if u don’t drink the soup part ur a pussy.
- Mix in ur ramen seasonin’ packets, and add a dash of garlic powder. Stir that shit all up real nice.
- At some point I should probs mention that u need to slice up part of that rotisserie chickin. I like to just remove the breasts (ew), and slice them across. They’re already cooked so that’s really it?
- Go ahead and shell those eggs. Just use the back of a spoon to tap them all over, then slide the spoon under the shell and peel. Easy peasy.
- Get ur biggest bowl, and pile in ur noodles, pour that good broth over.
- Slice ur egg in half, then put it all neat and pretty on top of ur noodles, then add the chickin, optional corn, and green onions.
- Instagram that shit. Then mix it all up and enjoy.