I love pasta. I do not love bread. The fundamental difference? Texture. All my weird food issues are texture related. I don’t like bread because once chewed it takes on the texture of play-dough. Pasta, however, does not do this. It’s also more acceptable to eat pasta covered in sauce and cheese.
It’s one of my favorite foods, honestly, and I make various kinds of pasta with shocking regularity.
This is why I’m fat.
Not really, but it’s for damn sure why I have a harder time losing weight. Because carbs are life.
Now, with this recipe, I had a bunch of stuff in my fridge that needed to get used up. Bratwurst, zucchini, and corn, for instance. And I thought to myself “I will just throw this in a skillet and hope for the best.” So that’s basically what happened. Aaaaand it was so good we then proceeded to eat ALL of it.
Hubby and I disagree on the proper way to eat a bratwurst. He thinks you should put relish on it, and I think he should get the hell out with that nasty stuff. So I used them for pasta instead.
As always, onions and garlic are staples. I added these in after I sauteed the brats so they got all the meaty bits off the bottom of the pan, and it was DELIGHTFUL.
This is Mowgli. He helped me by cleaning up any and all bits of food I dropped on the floor. Fun fact, in my new house I can have my doggy! Mowgli is my brother’s dog, but he got to come stay for a while since my brother and dad were in fucking Jamaica.
“Should I put corn in the pasta?”
“I dunno, maybe?”
“I’m gonna do it anyway.” – A discussion between hubby and I as I stood in the kitchen and cooked this.
OH ALSO, I had some basil frozen in olive oil, as per Pinterest’s ever-flowing well of ideas, and those got tossed in as well.
Honestly, this is another testament to the fact that you can just throw a bunch of shit together and it will turn out just fine.
Fresco Fresh Spring Pasta*
*with quinoa and zoodles and organic, locally sourced free range sausages
- Just kidding, there’s none of that in this recipe
- Prepare your bodies
- 2 small zucchinis
- 4 leftover bratwurst (or not, I guess)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- Idk like half a can of corn? Honestly I had a bunch of leftover shit in the fridge I put in here
- ½ a large onion
- 5-ish cloves of garlic
- What the hell did I put in this?
- ½ pound bite-sized pasta
- 2-ish cups chicken broth
- A couple tablespoons white wine
- Thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary, salt-n-pepa
- 1 ½ cups parmesan cheese
- FIRST THINGS FIRST slice-n-dice all yo veggies and shit. I sliced my bratwurst down the middle and then in slices like little half-rounds. I could have just said half-rounds. The hangover is real.
- Saute ur sausage bits until they are hot through and crispety. Then remove from the pan.
- Saute ur onion and garlic in the pan where ur sausage was previously, and be sure and scrape up all the good meat drippings. Get them all nice and tender.
- Add ur zucchini bits, and cook till they start to get soft.
- Toss in them tomatoes and corns and just stir till they get hot all the way through.
- Add ur spices, pasta, and chickin broth, make sure the pasta is mostly covered. Bring that ish to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 6-9 minutes.
- When dat pasta is all tender, add ya cheese up in that bitch. Cheese it all up. Serve it up and top with more cheese, ur done.